OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla., January 5, 2018 – Allied Arts is currently accepting applications for two of its grant programs – the Educational Outreach Program and the Capacity-Building Program. More than $110,000 is available to qualified central Oklahoma nonprofit arts organizations. Applications are due January 12, 2018.
The Allied Arts Educational Outreach program provides funding in support of youth arts education projects. The focus is on providing arts experiences for underserved K-12 students who might otherwise not have the opportunity to learn from the arts. Projects supported by the program include scholarships for art camps, transportation costs for students to attend live performances or visit art exhibits, funding for artists to visit schools, afterschool art activities and reduced cost music lessons.
The Allied Arts Capacity-Building program assists nonprofit arts and cultural organizations in building organizational capability to better serve their constituencies and fulfill their missions. Examples of projects funded by the program include first-time audits, consultant fees for strategic planning, technology upgrades and professional development opportunities.
The deadline for the 2018 spring cycle is January 12, 2018. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Provide quality arts and cultural programming to the community
- Be a nonprofit arts organization, tax-exempt corporation as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service (have current 501(c)(3) status)
- Be established and functional for at least three years
- Have current financials
- Have headquarters in central Oklahoma (defined by the 10-county area including the counties of Oklahoma, Kingfisher, Logan, Lincoln, Seminole, Pottawatomie, Cleveland, McClain, Grady and Canadian)
- Have current registration as a charitable organization with the State of Oklahoma
- Be self-identified as “Arts, Culture, and Humanities” using the National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities system
Organizations interested in applying can visit www.alliedartsokc.com/grants for more information or to submit an application. For questions, contact Allied Arts at 405-278-8944.