Anyone who goes outside for any amount of time knows that the Oklahoma Summer has truly hit its stride. Between the weather and the start of school being right around the corner, it’s definitely time to find something fun to do. Hot temperatures and long days can leave a person feeling pretty lethargic- so check out these awesome events and performances hosted by our member agencies as a way to beat the heat!
- Fiddler on the Roof July 26th – 30th
- The Drowsy Chaperone August 9th – 13th
- Get your tickets at this link! https://www.facebook.com/LyricTheatreofOklahoma/events
Mabee Gerrer Museum of Art
- Free Admission through August
- A Tribute to America’s Combat Artists and Fighting Forces running through August 21st!
- Check out the museum’s webpage for more information! http://www.mgmoa.org/
Oklahoma City Museum of Art
- Raider!: The Story of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made & Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation (Two films for one admission! Skype Q&A with the Filmmaker), August 5th
- Art Making- Paint, Cut, Collage class for ages 6-10, August 6th
- Matisse Shape Art class for ages 6-10 , August 12th
- Chihuly Plates class for ages 15-36 months, August 27th
- Find these and other events at: http://www.okcmoa.com/learn/
- Summer Art Camps, August 1st through 5th
- Summer Art Camps, August 8th through 12th
- Free Family Make + Take Art Project: Tissue Transfer Art, August 13th
- Hand-Building Dynamic Pieces for the Tabletop, August 13th & 14th
- Midnight Streak, 5K Run for the Arts, August 20th
- Check out the Oklahoma Contemporary website to sign up for these and other events! http://oklahomacontemporary.org/
(photo from Oklahoma Contemporary Website)
- Into The Woods running July 28th-31st
- Get your tickets at this link! https://www.soonertheatre.org/index.php?page=eventtickets
Make sure you check out these and other great events in Oklahoma City to beat the heat!